Add a New Course
A Course is a grouping of quizzes and tasks with a course description and grading information. Courses were previously called Test Banks and you may still find that term used elsewhere in the documentation.
Once you have created or joined a group, you should create a Course before you start to write any questions. The course houses any quizzes that you assemble from the questions you have written. Without a course you cannot assemble any tests so create/join group - create course - create/select questions - assemble test is the most efficient procedure to follow.
- Login at yacapaca.com/teacher
- Select your author tab
- Select My Groups
- Click on the title of the group in which you wish to add a new course
- Select Courses
- Select New Course
- type in the name of the course
- add a more detailed description of the course
- select keywords: keywords allow your test to be searchable in the YP public search
- complete the grade grid (optional. you may leave the default if you prefer): The grade grid allows you to designate levels or grades for students who take the tests in this particular test bank. NB the grades apply to all tests in the bank. If you have tests which do not conform to the grade grid you have or want to enter, you will need to put them into a separate test bank.
Any tests that you create within a course can be seen and assigned by you to your students from your set tests screen (Login to Yacapaca - Assignments - set tests - My Courses).
Any quizzes created by other members in your group(s) may also be previewed and assigned by you (Login to Yacapaca - Assignments - set tests - My Colleagues' Courses).
None of the tests created within a group can be seen automatically by users outside the group. Tests are made publicly available by Yacapaca admin., with the permission of the author, and public tests should conform to Yacapaca quality standards. Please apply to support[at]yacapaca.com if you wish your tests to be publicly available.
Back to: Courses
On to: Questions