Add an Offline Assessment
From Yacapaca wiki
Revision as of 17:17, 9 March 2013 by Ian gs
Offline assessments (OAs) are any kind of work done outside of Yacapaca, for which you want to record the grades within Yacapaca.
Why use Offline Assessments?
- Instant feedback (grade and your comment) to students; they don't have to wait to see you at the next lesson. A long wait for feedback is notoriously demotivating.
- Add more data to the Gradebook, so you can see trends and averages more clearly.
- Produce more convincing Parents' Reports.
- Calibrate your Gradebook so it converts quiz percentages to grades more accurately for your students (this is an automatic feature of OAs).
Setting up an Offline Assessment
- Name of Activity: you need a name you and the students will both still understand in a year's time.
- Select Student Set: obvious
- Grade scheme and year: In most cases this is already set and just needs confirming.
- Subject, Syllabus, Topic: Enter these to allocate grades to the relevant topic in Analytics. It only takes a moment, and it doubles the value you get from the exercise. You must either select from all the dropdowns, or none of them.
- Date: To see trends in the Gradebook and Parents reports, enter past assessments and be sure to date them accurately.