Add an Offline Assessment
Offline assessments (OAs) are any kind of work done outside of Yacapaca, for which you want to record the grades within Yacapaca.
Why use Offline Assessments?
- Instant feedback (grade and your comment) to students; they don't have to wait to see you at the next lesson. A long wait for feedback is notoriously demotivating.
- Add more data to the Gradebook, so you can see trends and averages more clearly.
- Produce more convincing Parents' Reports.
- Calibrate your Gradebook so it converts quiz percentages to grades more accurately for your students (this is an automatic feature of OAs).
Setting up an Offline Assessment
- Name of Activity: you need a name you and the students will both still understand in a year's time.
- Select Student Set: obvious
- Grade scheme and year: In most cases this is already set and just needs confirming.
- Subject, Syllabus, Topic: Enter these to allocate grades to the relevant topic in Analytics. It only takes a moment, and it doubles the value you get from the exercise. You must either select from all the dropdowns, or none of them.
- Date: To see trends in the Gradebook and Parents reports, enter past assessments and be sure to date them accurately.
Adding grades and comments
For each student, select a grade from the dropdown and enter a comment. There's no built-in comment bank because copy and paste is just as easy, and a lot more flexible. Remember to save when finished.
Grades and comments will appear immediately in students' to-do lists, and will be emailed to them as well if we have their email addresses.