Exemplar system: Input, Processing and Output needs
The data flow diagram below shows the flow of data in the present system that Mr Smith has.
The inputs for a customer borrowing a CD will be:
- the customer name and ID number to allow the customer details card to be found from the Customer Detail File.
- the CD name and stock number so that the CD card can be found from the CD Music File.
The processing will be finding the filing cards in the respective files.
The output will be pairing up the cards and placing them into the Borrowed CDs File where they are stored.
The inputs for a customer returning a CD will be:
- The date of borrowing the CD so that Mr Smith looks in the right place in the Borrowed CD File
- The CD name to identify the CD borrowed
- The Customer name to identify the customer who borrowed the CD.
The processing will be finding the filing cards in the Borrowed CDs File where they are stored.
The output will be putting customer card into the Customer Detail File and the CD card into the CD Music File.