My Student Sets
In Yacapaca, a student 'set' may be any group of students (with at least one teacher) that you choose to define. It may be a class, a group within a class, or a whole year cohort. You can place each student into as many sets as you like, all from the same login.
Brief video instructions for student set management. The interface has changed slightly since this screencast was made. Please make allowances.
The student set list
Description of each column in the list
- Student Set. The name of the set. Click on this to access the set edit page.
- Students. A count of how many students there are in the set.
- Teams. How many teams the set is currently divided into.
- Teachers. A list of the teachers who are members of the set. Invite or remove teachers via the edit page.
- Grade scheme. Quiz percentages are converted into your preferred grades in the Gradebook and Markbook. Note that to get a reliable grading, you must run multiple quizzes and not rely on the results from a single quiz.
- Chart. When Yacapaca has enough data, you can access a whole-screen interactive progress chart.
- Type. To create a Formal set, enter the student data yourself - typically it is pasted in from a spreadsheet, or copied from an existing set. Formal sets are preferred when you have the data. Casual sets were created for situations such as distance learning, where you may not know in advance who your students are going to be. Students sign themselves up. The drawback is that if you download student results, you will find it hard to match them to any existing records you have because students will have entered their names differently.
- Access Key. This is the key that enables access to a casual set. Click on the key to access a complete URL. This can be emailed to students and Yacapaca will take them through the signup process.
- Action. See below for the action dropdown.