From Yacapaca wiki
Revision as of 23:58, 28 August 2018 by Ian gs
We release frequent updates and screencasts that focus on particular areas of interest. Here are some of the most popular of those. Most are about 5 minutes long.
- 5-minute (max) screencasts to guide you through key processes
- Uploading a new student set: Follow this procedure and it will take no more than 90 seconds to upload your class.
- The Whiteboard: A great tool for showing the class an analysis of their results in realtime.
- Results filters: Now your students have finished a set of quizzes, how can you see exactly the marking data you need?
- Progress Charts: See, and share, how each student, or the whole class, are progressing through interactive graphs.
- Question Creatr: A short tour of the question-creation and editing tool.
- The Quiz Statistics page: To the a serious quiz author, this is the single most useful page in Yacapaca. Yet, hardly anyone knows about it.
- Tagging across multiple pages: Advanced techniques for compiling quizzes from very large (100+) question banks.
- Adding videos to quizzes: Create complete learning resources by embedding videos, slideshows and more into any type of assessment.
- Fuzzy-match cloze questions: Write Cloze (aka "Type your answer") questions that are tolerant of students' poor spelling.
- Teams increase student motivation: One click to to harness the power of teams in your classroom.
- Quick Assignments: An end to the chaos of emailed assignment with this organisational feature.
- Tagging Quizzes: You can get very sophisticated analytics on quizzes that have appropriately-tagged questions. You can now add those tags at any time after creating the quiz, rather than having to have planned them at the time of authoring the individual questions.
- Advanced Assignment Setting: About half the "how do I..." questions we get relate to the assigning process. This short screencast answers most of those questions.
- Managing Student Sets: How many teachers can teach many students via many sets, all with just one login each.
- Edit a quiz direct from the Resources page: As an author, you get complete question-by-question statistics to help you spot and correct problems in each question of a quiz.
- How to set up teams: Get walked through the team setup process by PE teacher Julia Breen.
- Using teams to motivate students: Follow-on from Julia Breen. Using the whiteboard to tap into positive peer pressure.
- Converting from NC Levels to GCSE 9-1: The essential tool for Progress 8 reporting. The screencast shows "Pixl Bands" but this has now been changed to "GCSE 9-1"
- Managing a Department subscription: How to add a teacher to your Department subscription.
- Assigning to a single student: How to assign when you do not want to assign to the whole student set.