In Yacapaca, you first select the quiz(zes) you wish to assign, then choose the students and determine the start and finish dates, and other parameters.
The content hierarchy
By default, you will only see content written for your own country. This is then organised by subject and syllabus.
Within each syllabus you will find:
- Courses, which are groups of quizzes around a theme, compiled by other teachers.
- Topics, which are sourced from official syllabus documentation. Quizzes are assigned algorithmically to topics.
Any given quiz may appear in multiple topics or courses, according to its relevance.
Choose as many countries as you like. Those that share your language often contain material you will find useful. TEFL material tends to be scattered across all countries.
Subject and Syllabuses
Click on a subject to open the list of syllabuses. This is best supported for the UK curriculum.
For each syllabus, the buttons on the right will lead you either into the topics list (where we have one) or the courses list.
Topics are sourced from the organisation (usually an exam board) that publishes the syllabus. By default, only those for which we actually have quizzes are listed. To force Yacapaca to show the entire list, use the "Include Empty Topics" button.
Click on a quizzes button to see the list of quizzes matched to the topic.
When choosing a course, pay attention to the metric bars on the right hand side.
- Popularity tells you how many uses the course has had in the last 12 months.
- Quality is a ranking based on multiple factors, including user feedback.
- Reviews tells you how many reviews you will find on the Course page, but not whether they are positive or negative. So read them!
Click on any item to proceed to the course page.