Terms and Conditions
Terms of Service for the use of Yacapaca
Yacapaca is first and foremost a community that operates on principles of mutual respect. Therefore we expect you to respect the spirit of this document as well as the letter. And if you don't, we will chuck you off the site. It's that simple.
Who and what Yacapaca is for
Yacapaca's purpose is to help teachers and other professional educators to teach and assess their pupils. We do not permit pupils to set up teacher accounts.
General rules about the site
- We accept no liability for hardware, software or service failure on your computers or any part of the internet between them and our servers.
- Our liability for failure on our own servers is limited to the proportion of your subscription lost due to downtime.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time, for any reason. We will return any outstanding subscription fees if we do so.
- We will monitor your account both to ensure compliance with these conditions and to collect statistical data to help us improve the system.
- We will not share your marking data with anyone, other than as anonymised and aggregated data, without your explicit permission.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- You may not upload to the site anything (text, images or otherwise) rude, abusive, racist, sexist or otherwise legally or morally unacceptable.
- You accept full responsibility for the information you put on Yacapaca. In particular you take sole responsibility for ensuring that your assessment questions, including any images, sounds or videos, do not breach anybody's copyright.
- Content authored by you, and placed on our system, is released under the Creative Commons Non-commercial Attribution Share-alike 3.0 License.
Rules specific to teachers' accounts
- To hold a Teacher account, you must be a teacher or legitimate educator in a bona fide educational institution.
- Fair use: you may use Yacapaca without payment up to a reasonable level consistent with validating that the system meets your school's needs. When your usage grows beyond this, will will require you to purchase an annual usage license.
- You will operate under your real name, and the name of your school or educational institution. In particularly sensitive cases (e.g. prison educators), you may request a specific waiver of this rule.
- Each teacher who uses the site must have their own account, and only one account.
- If you choose to upload a photo of yourself (which we encourage), it will be a real photo of you, that clearly shows your face.
- You will hold your students responsible for all content they post on the site, and be mindful that some of this content will be public. If we alert you that your students have transgressed the limits of morality or legality, you will act promptly to ensure redress and prevent repetition.
- You will engage mindfully with other members. Your comments in message boards, reviews and elsewhere will be both courteous and relevant to the topic at hand.